Hey, Class of 2021 - high school and college! Please consider me as your photographer. I would love to capture your senior year... even if it is "not going as planned."
Here are a few tips and ideas for your senior session :
To schedule a senior session, please contact me via one of the links below :
*I do have an in-home studio; however, I am not scheduling studio sessions during this time due to "social distancing."
How are you going to remember COVID-19?
Right now, I am enjoying the stillness and JOY that exists in our neighborhood. When we decided to buy a house last May, we had our typical checklist of what we wanted. As we were driving through our current neighborhood, one thing that stood out to both of us was this - Kids are actually playing outside on driveways and even in the street (with parents nearby, of course)!
Fast forward to almost a year later, our neighborhood has been filled with kids outside from 9am - 9pm and it's awesome. With not many people leaving, the kids are playing street hockey, riding bikes more, creating chalk masterpieces, and organizing egg & bear hunts to entertain each other from the windows!
Amongst all of this COVID-19 chaos, I encourage you to stop and enjoy the stillness & JOY around you.
So here are my top 10 photos that I would love to capture during this COVID-19 quarantine, & I challenge you to do the same :
1. Family dinner - whether it be in the kitchen cooking or at the dinner table (with take out); you'll want to remember the good food and quality time together!
2. Couch portraits - we've all probably laid on the couch a little more than normal... watch for double chins and grab your favorite snack!
3. Front Porch Family Pictures - pjs or "normal clothes", your choice. As a photographer, I'm always up for driving by and snapping some if you'd like!
4. Gaming - you, your spouse, or children playing board games or FortNite - capture that gamer face!
5. Phone - yes, take a screenshot from FaceTime with a distant family member or friend... don't forget to text it to them, too! Zoom counts, too.
6. Outdoor exercise/activity - riding bikes, walking with your family, jumping rope, blowing bubbles, playing basketball, etc.
7. Work - your typical work view, your "makeshift home office" set up, spouse's set up, children's schoolwork or even some shots of your side hustle... I mean, why not?
8. Craft/Project - whether you are painting your house or recalling how to make friendship bracelets... even handprint crafts with kids count, too!
9. Toilet Paper - as a reminder to always have extra (family making a TP pyramid, TP as part of an obstacle course, a full TP package in hand, etc.)!
1o. Church/quiet time - take a picture of your church service or your Bible & a verse that has stood out to you during this quarantine. Mine has been 2 Corinthians 4:6, "Let light shine out of darkness..." Let's be positive and share how Christ is in control.
I would love to see your #covid19top10 and tag me, too (@jillianburtphotography)!
HEre are my #covid19top10 pics :
#3 - Front Porch Family Pictures - It was time for us to dress in normal clothes (& fix my hair with a decent amount of makeup)! Set up a tripod with a wireless remote and got this. I will forever be grateful for this family of mine.
#6 - Outdoor Activity - We love playing in our front yard, swinging from the porch and bubbles, of course! Morning walks have been so great for exercise and a quiet time to start the day.
#8 - Craft/Project - We have loved making handprints for friends and family! We mail out artwork every week with an envelope and stamp.
After almost 10 months since we moved to Tennessee, we finally got a chance to visit friends and family in Texas! The trip started around 7:30am (EST) on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019... we left Knoxville, made T W O stops (my husband also drove the whole way!!), and arrived in Fort Worth, TX. around 9:30pm (CT).
Our trip started in Fort Worth to see my side of the family, some of Casey's family, and ended visiting sweet friends with their newborn!
Here are some faves in Fort Worth (if you ever go... these are a must) :